Prevention of dermatitis
Preventive measures for dermatitis are aimed at prolonging the period of remission. There are 4 varieties of this disease: contact, atopic, seborrheic and allergic dermatitis. Each of them requires specific rules to be followed.
In case of contact dermatitis , it is necessary to exclude interaction with the inflammation trigger: refuse jewelry made of allergen metal, latex products, use protective gloves when cleaning, etc. If the allergen still gets on the skin, it is urgent to rinse it in cool running water.
Cases of atopic dermatitis are often associated with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, endocrine and neurological systems, etc. In this case, the prevention of atopic dermatitis is associated with the prevention of the underlying disease. If rashes and itching are associated with food allergies, you must follow a special diet that excludes citrus fruits, fish, seafood, nuts, chocolate, sausage, sausages, eggs, meat broths, spices, vegetables, red fruits and berries, sweets.
Allergic dermatitis usually accompanies seasonal allergies or reactions to fluff, feathers, dust, animal hair, etc. During the flowering season, patients with allergic dermatitis are advised to drink a course of antihistamines. It is also necessary to carry out wet cleaning as often as possible in order to prevent the accumulation of dust and avoid contact with animals. Blankets, pillows and mattresses should be made of synthetic material.
The cause of seborrheic dermatitis is the fungus Malassezia furfur . This microorganism lives in the mouths of the sebaceous glands of many people, but only in a few causes cases of skin disease. The main preventive measures are strengthening the immune system (in a weakened body, the fungus begins to actively multiply), as well as adjusting the work of the sebaceous glands with the help of creams and shampoos with birch tar, naftalan oil, salicylic acid.
There are also general recommendations suitable for people with any kind of dermatitis.
- Wear light-colored clothing made from smooth, natural fabrics that do not irritate the skin. Clothing made of cotton or linen provides ventilation, prevents excessive sweating, and the light color hides the peeling of the skin.
- For water procedures, use warm water. Hot water injures the skin and provokes the appearance of microtraumas. After hygiene procedures, do not rub, but gently pat the skin with a towel.
- Use special hygiene products designed for irritated problem skin. For example, Losterin shampoo and gel contain naftalan oil, herbal extracts and a complex of vegetable oils, which means they can be used to prevent dermatitis.
- Monitor your condition in stressful situations. Before and during important events, it is recommended to take light sedatives.
- The diet should include foods with vitamins A and E (fish, seafood, nuts, vegetable oils), if they are not allergic. If this food causes an allergic reaction, it is necessary to take vitamins in capsules.
- Russian dermatological balneological resorts have rich experience and modern equipment. They are located in Altai, in the region of the Caucasian Mineral Waters, in the Urals and in the Black Sea region. The treatment course usually includes mineral water, therapeutic baths, mineral mud applications, physical exercises, diet therapy, herbal drinks, thalassotherapy, sun and air baths, as well as physiotherapy. The therapy is aimed not only at eliminating the external manifestations of dermatitis, but also at strengthening immunity and normalizing metabolism.
- Dermatitis is a violation of metabolic processes in the skin, including water balance. Even during remission, the skin of a patient with dermatitis is subject to drying and peeling. Moisturizers must be used daily. Losterin cream contains a complex of nourishing and moisturizing agents: D- panthenol , almond oil and Japanese Sophora extract. The components contribute to the active regeneration of the skin and create an imperceptible film on the surface of the epidermis, which prevents the evaporation of moisture.